A Powerpoint presentation containing graphic step by step instructions to download and use torch
NOTE: KINDLY CLICK ON THE SUBJECT MENUS ABOVE TO VIEW THE POWERPOINT UPLOADS
TH E POWERPOINTS ARE UNEDITED VERSIONS . TEACHERS OR GROUPS OF TEACHERS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK OUT AND EDIT WHERE NEEDED .
This blog is dedicated to archive all Power points contributed by participants of in-service courses / voluntarily, which can be used for tech aided or computer assisted learning for all classes and subjects .
Powerpoint , a GRAPHIC interface embeds multiple ways of manipulating or interacting with content and are proved to have high impact on the learners. They appeal to small children.. the digital natives in various ways. It is a favoured tool for abstract ideas and concepts.
However PPTs tend to be teacher centric with the students as passive learners.
TIPS TO MAKE PPTs INTERESTING AND EFFECTIVE
- Follow the rule of 5-. This rule may be stretched to 8 (5 items ie images + text for a slide, 5 lines on a slide, 5 words in a line)
- Minimum 24 points font size
- Use contrasting colours ( for young Learners)
- Use sounds only if needed
- Link continuous assessment / questioning to the PPT.
- Support PPTs with hands on activities for learners
- Arrange the whole unit in sub-units for ease of use.
- Accomodate student involvement by Assigning tasks / roles for student/ groups of students
- Archive all PPTs. However reorganise/ edit with careful reflection after the TAL /CAL class
- Use interactive elements to make PPTs student centred.